All-Russian library congress in Krasnoyarsk
The XXII Annual Conference of the Russian Library Association is held on May 14-19, 2017 in Krasnoyarsk - the Library Capital of Russia in 2017. The Congress is held with the support of the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Krasnoyarsk Territory.
The Congress, which the RBA holds annually in May, on the eve of the All-Russian Library Day, is the main and largest event of the year in the library sector; it is open to representatives of all libraries, information institutions, profile universities and their partners, regardless of membership in the RBA.
Theme of the Congress of 2017: "The Role of Libraries in the Cultural Policy of Russia". Among the problems that are planned for discussion are:
- The participation of libraries in the "Strategy for the Implementation of the State Cultural Policy";
- The significance of libraries in the public mission of culture;
- Public partnership in cultural policy;
- The role of libraries in the implementation of the project "National Electronic Library";
- Models of development of a modern public library;
- Library capabilities in the development of the reading infrastructure;
- Ensuring social equality in libraries;
- The educational role of libraries;
- Development of a professional communication system;
- The international cooperation.